LEAD ACCOUNTING CLERK
Wages: up to $17 an hour DOE Plus, Earn up to an extra $1.50 hourly Incentive Bonus!
Full- Time: 40 hours per a week
Day Shift: Hours may vary between 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Must be available on Weekends and Holidays
BAC Transportation LLC an established locally owned company is looking for a positive, self-motivated, organized, friendly individual to fill a position at our main office.
If you love data entry and working with numbers this is an Awesome entry level accounting position!
Summary or Purpose:
The position provides clerical and accounting support to the Accounting Department Director.
The ideal candidate must be analytical - minded with strong attention to detail. Must have 1 - 2 years of accounting experience with knowledge of payroll processing, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. The ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines, be proficient with computers, office equipment and Microsoft Suite. Must be able to work under pressure and have excellent verbal and written communication skills in addition to excellent customer service skills.
Knowledge of Quick Books preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Payroll processing
• Knowledge of Alaska Department of Labor laws pertaining to payroll
• Audit and generate invoices
• Process client payments
• Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
• Answer telephones
• Maintain solid customer relationships by handling questions, concerns with speed and professionalism as described in our employee hand book.
• Monitor company email box and process requests
• Record information as required by the company
• Data entry and use of software programs
• Researching to troubleshoot customer problems
• Communicating with drivers, office staff and customers verbally and in writing
• Complaint resolution
• Executes all terms and conditions as set forth in BAC Transportation's employee handbook
BAC Transportation is a Drug Free Workplace